William Braden joined us Oct. 17, 2004 just after Alicia finished Physician Assistant school and Bill started Law school at ASU. Kaytlin Hazel came 2 years later on Nov. 4, 2006. Bill graduated from Law school May of 2007 and joined the Air Force in January of 2008. Alicia worked as a Physician Assistant during this time for the Phoenix Fire Department and then in family practice the last year. We moved from Gilbert,AZ to Great Falls, Montana May of 2008 for Bill's first assignment in the Air Force as a JAG attorney. Jacob Brett joined us on July 2, 2008.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bringing in the New Year


Normally on New Year's we get together with friends and family and play games. I couldn't not play games this year so we hosted a New Year's Eve party. It was great fun. I thought the kids would fall asleep to a movie...I was wrong. They rung in the New Year right there with us. Kaytlin made no less than 20 trips to the candy bowl and usually had 2 or 3 pieces of various candies in each hand. I'm pretty sure she sampled them all. Talk about sugar high. We played Scum and Settler's of Catan. I teamed up with my friend Nicki to help teach her (a victory on our end by the way...2 hours later.) We all ate a lot of carmel popcorn and treats and drank sparkling cider until we were silly. This picture of Kaytlin is the next morning with a new year's hat on and some chocolate on her face; I guess that's her version of a hangover. We all got a kick out of her and I payed dearly for her late night and sugar binge for a few days after. She's back on track again. I can't believe it's 2009. Happy New Year to all!

5 comments:

Powers Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I wish we could've been there. So, does that mean that you and your friend beat Bill?

The LaDuke Justice League said...

Yes, we did. Gratification. I was due for a win. I'm totally dominating him by my count:) We'll have to play some serious games when we visit you guys in a month.

Rookie Blog said...

So good to find you. Your family is darling. Enjoy Montana. It's beautiful! I'm adding you to my list so I can stay updated!
Mar

Joni and Kelvin said...

hey alicia did you know that Layla crosby is related to us? Her grandfather is moms 2nd cousin. I just happen to see her blog. I didn't know you knew her. Her family lives in pima and her dad is the principle at the jr. high here. Oh well small world.

Becky said...

Alica,
I loved catching up on your family through your blog. You are so good to document everything! I had to laugh at your picture of Kaytlin after New Year's Eve--that's about how I looked and felt the next morning too. I can't stay up that late anymore. I am glad to see that all is going well for you guys. Cute family!