William Braden joined us Oct. 17, 2004 just after Alicia finished Physician Assistant school and Bill started Law school at ASU. Kaytlin Hazel came 2 years later on Nov. 4, 2006. Bill graduated from Law school May of 2007 and joined the Air Force in January of 2008. Alicia worked as a Physician Assistant during this time for the Phoenix Fire Department and then in family practice the last year. We moved from Gilbert,AZ to Great Falls, Montana May of 2008 for Bill's first assignment in the Air Force as a JAG attorney. Jacob Brett joined us on July 2, 2008.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Dreadlocks?













I think if CPS stopped by on any given day they might suspect neglect. Just look at this naked girl with the crazy hair and soggy diaper--but hey, she is almost never without her white Sunday shoes!
She likes to try things on and mostly likes to take things off, although lately she wants to wear her favorite pajamas all day long. Her room is always torn apart, usually shortly after picking up. She prefers easy access to her treasures, which means she puts everything on the floor. I find signs of her everywhere: stickers all over the place, drawings on the wall, and dirty laundry strewn about--she is a pistol. We enjoy her so much.
In regards to her hair, some days--and by some days I mean most days--I just don't want to fight the ensuing battle over combing the rat's nest that is the back of her hair. It looks like this most mornings when she wakes up. Sometimes we just dowse some water on it to tame it a little and head out the door. I thought if it was short it wouldn't get as matted, but now I wonder if long would be easier to manage. I've tried leave-in conditioners. What about corn rows? Please, any suggestions?

4 comments:

Curtis Chicks said...

Go to Sally's and get you some Proclaim Leave in Glosser. My sister was having the same problems with my neice and this stuff worked wonders. Now my kids both use it (talk about dreadlocks) and its amazing!

Powers Family said...

That is hysterical! I am still laughing! I love those pictures - they are priceless. Bella's hair almost always has food, snot, bugars, etc. in it and is always ratted, but since it's long I usually just put it in ponytails.

We miss you guys!

Julie said...

Hey Alicia, I finally made it to your blog! SO CUTE! I tried once before, and must have typed it in wrong, because I couldn't find you! I finally started my own blog...but now that I see yours I am feeling very inferior! oh, well, I will figure it out slowly but surely :). Excited I will be able to keep up a bit better this way.--Julie

Brady & Jessica said...

I am loving her hair! I wouldn't do a thing. Your kids are getting so big I can't believe it. Hope u r enjoying the warmer summer months in Montana. Can't wait to see all the fun things ya'll have been up to. Love and miss ya - Jess