William Braden joined us Oct. 17, 2004 just after Alicia finished Physician Assistant school and Bill started Law school at ASU. Kaytlin Hazel came 2 years later on Nov. 4, 2006. Bill graduated from Law school May of 2007 and joined the Air Force in January of 2008. Alicia worked as a Physician Assistant during this time for the Phoenix Fire Department and then in family practice the last year. We moved from Gilbert,AZ to Great Falls, Montana May of 2008 for Bill's first assignment in the Air Force as a JAG attorney. Jacob Brett joined us on July 2, 2008.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

My first 5K and biathlon



This summer I competed in my first ever 5K and then later in a biathlon. For some reason people assume I enjoy or am good at running. This is far from the case. I am a speed/power athlete and jogging is not that fun to me and I get sideaches. I wanted something to work at and train for. By the end, I did start to enjoy jogging more, although I would certainly always prefer about any kind of sporting activity over it:)
The biathlon was supposed to be a triathlon, 500 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, and 5K. We showed up for the race and some replacement worker the night before had forgotten to close a valve on the pool and about half the water was emptied. So they finally decided to just do a biathlon. I was upset initially, but as I was nearing the end of the race, that I swore in my head I would never do again, I was quite glad that some ditzy person had let the water out(I'm an even worse swimmer than jogger). Of course, after the race and when the pain had subsided some, I thought I might want to do one again:) I had a lot of fun training with my friends and felt a great sense of satisfaction in training and completing the races

1 comment:

Powers Family said...

Woo hoo!! Nice, Alicia! It feels so good to finish something like that. I'm proud of you!